Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Good News...Finally!

I can't ask for a better support network. I am walking in the Take Steps Be Heard walk for Crohn's and Colitis in October. Many of my friends have donated and some are even walking in the walk with me. Very exciting! My surgeon even donated. That completely made my night!

I saw my surgeon today for a follow up appointment from the surgery I had last week. He took a look at my bottom to make sure there was no infection and there wasn't. Thank God. The plan from here is to meet back with him at the end of October and make a date for a pouch study. Reminder of what a pouch study is-they stick a mini camera up your butt that fills you up with fluid to see if the j-pouch leaks and in my case, to see if the fistula has healed or not. That test will be within the first week of November. If all looks good, surgery to have the reversal again and the bag REMOVED will be before Thanksgiving.

I tried to hide my excitement because I don't want to get too excited and get my hopes up for this surgery. I'm definitely nervous because of what happened last time but this will be it for me, I hope.
I go back to work Monday part time for a little bit then back to full time. I'm excited to have a second chance at life and a second chance to live bag free.

No comments:

Post a Comment